Students graduating with a Neuroscience major from Agnes Scott College will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the structure and function of the nervous system at various levels of organization
- Understand the research methods used in neuroscience and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the research techniques
- Engage in research design, data analysis and critical thinking of an inquiry based research question
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues surrounding neuro-scientific research on human and animal models
- Critically evaluate scientific literature
- Present their research findings at a research symposium
Here is some of the work that I have done in relation to my Neuroscience major at Agnes Scott College. This includes some of my favorite classes that have really molded my interests in the field to this day.